freeze when saving a pdf (v. 9.2 build 359)  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

igorlima
User

freeze when saving a pdf (v. 9.2 build 359)

Post by igorlima »

Hello!

I noticed that when I'm gonna save a pdf the pdf xchange editor freezes.

This freeze is happening consistently and until now I didn't notice with others pdf I have just the one showed in the video. If I notice this with other pdfs I will update this post with the videos of them too.

until now I noticed that the freeze happens when saving using the options "Save", "Save All" and "Save as"

I attaching a video demonstrating what I'm saying. I got the same problem in version v. 9.2 build 358 and thought that if I updated to build 359 the problem would go away but it was not the case.

version 9.2 build 359 20211124_110243.rar
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 36 times

I'm attaching the pdf which I'm getting those freezes;

1. edital abertura DO.rar
(942.74 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Can you reproduce this issue with the pdf I attached?

thank you for the attention!
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: freeze when saving a pdf (v. 9.2 build 359)

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The problem is with the accessive amount of digital signatures in the document. When a document is saved, all existing signatures are re-validated. And it takes time when there are many signatures.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:06 pm The problem is with the accessive amount of digital signatures in the document. When a document is saved, all existing signatures are re-validated. And it takes time when there are many signatures.
Hello, Ivan! Thank you for the response. I feel the need to add that I used this pdf before builds 358 and 359 and didn't notice this freeze when saving it. But I never realized the excessive amount of signatures in it too. It makes sense that this is the problem indeed.
Igor
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: freeze when saving a pdf (v. 9.2 build 359)  SOLVED

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

In older builds, we had simplified signature validation that could not detect incorrect modifications after (or between) signing a document. We had to fix that issue to conform to the specification, but, unfortunately, that slows down the validation process, especially in the case of having so many signatures.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:12 am In older builds, we had simplified signature validation that could not detect incorrect modifications after (or between) signing a document. We had to fix that issue to conform to the specification, but, unfortunately, that slows down the validation process, especially in the case of having so many signatures.
Oh I see! Thank you for the clarification
Igor
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

freeze when saving a pdf (v. 9.2 build 359)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)