Is there a way to rotate grids

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pigeondave
User

Is there a way to rotate grids

Post by pigeondave »

Hi,

I have an architectural plan that is rotated 9 degrees. I'd like to be able so place a grid over the plan to work out an ideal column spacing.

Is there a way of rotating the inbuilt grid and also possibly having it start at a point of my choice?
image.png
image.png (13.54 KiB) Viewed 506 times
Or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Dave
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to rotate grids

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello pigeondave,

I am afraid that the Grid cannot be rotated. This is a visual cue and it cannot be modified in any way.

If you would like to align your document's content with the Grid, you need to rotate the content. You can do this by selecting all objects you would like to rotate and go to Selection -> Transform.
image.png
Regards,
Radi
pigeondave
User

Post by pigeondave »

Hi Radi,

Thanks for getting back to me.
The trouble is that the base pdf is not selectable. But what you've shown is useful to know.

I'm drawing over the base pdf as part of my markup. Is there a way of rotating this? I seem to only be able to rotate sheets 90degrees at a time.

Regards,

Dave
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello pigeondave,

The pages can be rotated only with 90 degree increments. This follows the PDF specification and it cannot be changed.

You can rotate your annotations using the same method I described with my previous post.

You mentioned that the base document is not selectable - this shouldn't be the case if you use the Edit tool.

Can you provide a sample file so we can check it for you? If the file contains sensitive information, please do not post it here. In this case, please e-mail it to us at support@pdf-xchange.com

Regards,
Radi