[Bug] Crop Page Tool -> Undo -> the cropped page displays only the cropped rectangle

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[Bug] Crop Page Tool -> Undo -> the cropped page displays only the cropped rectangle

Post by Jensen Head »

• Apply cropping with the "Crop Page Tool"
  • Undo Cropping (Ctrl + Z or the corresponding button on the toolbar)
At the same time, if no other actions were taken with the document besides the application of the Crop Page Tool, after cancellation the document is considered unmodified and closes without warning.
_
1. Original document
1. Original document
2. Selected area for cropping
2. Selected area for cropping
3. The selected area is cropped
3. The selected area is cropped
4. Changes canceled
4. Changes canceled
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Crop Page Tool -> Undo -> the cropped page displays only the cropped rectangle

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

I could not reproduce the issue - when I click the undo button I am correctly shown back the original full page size before the cropping, and yes the flag that the file has been modified is removed, and I can close it.

For you when the flag does disappear - if you close the document - does it then later reopen cropped or non-cropped?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Re: [Bug] Crop Page Tool -> Undo -> the cropped page displays only the cropped rectangle

Post by Jensen Head »

I apologize for the delay in answering.

I have now reproduced this issue in PDF-XChange Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0 (Enhanced OCR) (Nov 23 2021; 14:32:29). If I undo a page cropping ("Crop Pages" and "Crop Page Tool") by pressing "Ctrl + Z" or clicking the appropriate button on the panel, the page is restored to the original page size, but not the content outside the cropping area. At the same time, the flag of the changed file disappears, when I close the document, I am not prompted to save it, and reopening the document shows the correct view (as before cropping).

I tried, after canceling cropping, changing the display scale, page display style, inserting and deleting new pages - still only the cropped area is displayed on the edited page. When I select all the content on such a page, selection handles only appear in the clipped area, not outside of it. It’s as if I didn’t cancel the page cropping, but used the "Resize" tool with the "Content Scale Options" / "Scale page content according new page size" option turned off.

What application settings might this behavior be dependent on so that I can help localize the cause?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jensen Head,

like Stefan I cannot reproduce this. I am not sure what settings impact this, but if you can send a screen shot of the "Crop Pages" dialogue it will potentially help us reproduce the issue:
image.png
regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pmif you can send a screen shot of the "Crop Pages" dialogue it will potentially help us reproduce the issue
PDF-XChange Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0 — Crop Pages window.png
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Jensen Head,

using your settings I reproduced the issue and the bug is confirmed. There is an associated ticket, though for internal use only. RT5873: Undo action of the "Crop PagesTool" fails to restore cropped content

We will fix this, thanks for the screen shot.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com