[Suggestion] Do not display the "Deskew Pages" window in a single page document

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[Suggestion] Do not display the "Deskew Pages" window in a single page document

Post by Jensen Head »

The "Deskew Pages" window
The "Deskew Pages" window
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Do not display the "Deskew Pages" window in a single page document

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

What is your reasoning behind this request?
Even a single scanned page could be skewed and in need of a deskew. Yes - it might be as fast or more convenient to just select that image and rotate it manually, but the automated deskew option still has it's place so I can not quite understand this request.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Re: [Suggestion] Do not display the "Deskew Pages" window in a single page document

Post by Jensen Head »

What's the point in displaying this dialog box when any values set in it are applied to a single page?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

Apologies - I misunderstood you as you want to disable/hide the deskew command completely for single page documents.
Yes - there might not be much meaning in the dialogue with these options for a single page, but not showing it for such files will mean both more code, and also different experience for different files. If for a single page you click the button and the page just "blinks" into deskewed one, and for multi page documents you get a dialogue - this might be confusing for some users, so the consistency here is more important than saving a click for single page files which are just a special case, so I do not believe that this request would be granted, but I will ask.

Kind regards,
Stefan