Palm and finger rejection  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Amrr
User

Palm and finger rejection  SOLVED

Post by Amrr »

Hello

I use pen to write on my PDF files. Is there a way to reject palm and fingers touch for smoother experience?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Palm and finger rejection

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Amrr,

Not directly from inside our software, so please check the settings of the device you are using (through Windows directly or through the drivers for the touch/stylus input) and see whether it can detect when your stylus is used and turn off touch input at those times.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Amrr
User

Post by Amrr »

Thanks Stefan, I am using stylus of galaxy which is not Bluetooth but works absolutely fine with Samsung apps but not on the PDF editor. Thanks for letting me know that the option is not there. I would hope one day it will be considered as it will be really helpful as more 2 in 1 laptops are increasing.

KR,
Amr
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Amrr

We don't handle how touch detection occurs in any way, that is left entirely to the system (either windows or your device) so it is not something we will be able to change in the future. I expect that, if you check the driver settings for your device, you will find it offers something of the like, and if that is not an option, windows itself does offer menu for how to utilize stylus features, including palm detection.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Amrr
User

Post by Amrr »

Thanks Daniel for your kind Suggestion. I will definitely look this up in windows. Thanks again for your time.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Palm and finger rejection

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)