Arabic Numbers  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Amrr
User

Arabic Numbers  SOLVED

Post by Amrr »

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to write arabic numbers like ١ as I cannot find a way to do this (Either in comments or text editing)

Thanks,
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Arabic Numbers

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Amrr,

If you are using an Arabic font and input the symbols from your keyboard, you shouldn't experience any difficulties typing them.

If you do, please let us know what happens when you try to input such symbols from your keyboard.

Regards,
Radi
Amrr
User

Post by Amrr »

Thanks So Much Radi for your Response. It is not about the font or symbols. The PDF x change editor accepts any symbol (if I write it outside and then copy/paste it).
MY problem is when I started typing in Arabic, it all goes ok except with numbers. Numbers usually on Word for example with the same font will show as Arabic numbers (Indian numbers) but on the PDF x change editor it automatically changes them to 123.
I do not know what is the problem.

So, I know this is not acrobat PDF, but this is the issue I am talking about. Is there a setting that can do something like that?

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/how-change-numbers-format-q135698.aspx

Thanks so much,
KR,
Amr
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Amrr

At the moment we do not offer a function to enable or disable this, surprisingly it is one which we have not encountered before. But I expect that Radi's suggestion was in the correct vein.
If you are using a font specifically designed with Arabic in mind, the numbers should be formatted as you need. Generally, numbers as a whole are given the same set of "values" in most fonts, so using one font would result in a different "glyph" being used for that same number, even in a font base on another language. If you find that the numbers shown are incorrect in one font, such as times new roman, try changing the don't to another font that is based in your desired language.

If you can send us a copy of your documents (both a PDF and Word file) which are using the same font, and show different results for these specific items, we can take a look and see why there is a difference.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Amrr
User

Post by Amrr »

Thanks so much Daniel. I tried couple of fonts still no vain. My main problem is when I type on the PDF as annotation or comment. I attached word and PDF samples for the problem.
Thanks for looking into that.
sample.pdf
My sample PDF
(68.34 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
I could not upload the word document but you can find it on this link
https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ap-5IhSsOUohsyuFr8iMC07Xn38p?e=3NzJ2e
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Amrr

Thank you for the documents. Our dev team have looked these over and, I have some unfortunately news.
This issue is not caused by any problem on our end, it does indeed have to do with the font in use. Although the "Arial" font, and others, do have characters for these subsets, they are not the default for use, and so will not be used by defualt in most applications. With regards to converting from the word file, the issue is that word only exports the a "subset" of the font (aka the characters in use [1,2,3]) and so all other characters do not have a substitute mapped to them, so they revert back to the default character.

At the moment, it does not look like this is something that can be changed from our end, so you will need to input these characters in an alternative way, such as using "alt codes" (if they exist) or copying and pasting the text from another location.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Amrr
User

Post by Amrr »

Thanks Daniel. I can do that by copying and pasting the numbers from word. Thanks for letting me know about that.
KR,
Amr
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Arabic Numbers

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com