Insert point

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zimbe
User

Insert point

Post by zimbe »

Hi,

is it possible to change the coordinates zero point of a pdf?
I want to copy remarks from one sheet to another - but the coppied remarks are not in the same place as the orginal ones; they "jump".
The PDFs were created from dwgs.

kind regards
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Insert point

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

In case, the destination page is of the same size:
- select the remarks that you like to copy
- in the Home-ribbon, click Clipboard > Copy
- go to the destination page
- in the Home-ribbon, click Clipboard > Paste

In case, the destination page is of a different size:
- once that the remarks are pasted to the destination page and are still selected
- in the Home-ribbon, click Selection > Transform...
- in the Transform-dialog-box you can change the current position and/or use offset values for moving in the desired direction
More info about Transform : https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe9/transform_ed_2.html

Regards.

Willy
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Thanks for the above! That should indeed assist but if @zimbe can provide a sample case (please both source and target files) - I will be happy to take a further look into this!

Kind regards,
Stefan
zimbe
User

Post by zimbe »

Thank you Stefan and Willy,

in my case
211110_pdf-xchange.pdf
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
I want to copy my remarks (page2) and use it, to check the geometry in page 1.
The coppied remarks end up at the top of page 1 and are pushed together. If I copy the remarks from page 2 in page 2 and move them to page 1 they get turned by 90° and get scaled... :?:

I think both copy and moving would be possible, if for both pages the coordinate zero point would match together. 92/50 for page 1 and 283 / 185 for page 2. I dont know, if its possible to change this.
Maybe you know a solution :)

Kind regards
zimbe
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zimbe,

I will need to ask my colleagues in the dev team to take a look at this as I managed to reproduce the issue!

What I managed to achieve to get your comments copied and rotated so that you can place them over the first page (to see that the scale is actually not exactly the same) is:
1) Select all the 122 comments on page 2, then holding down the Ctrl key - move them to page 1 to create copies of them all on that page
2) The comments would be rotated relative to the first page but should still be selected, so you can now either use Selection -> Transform selection to rotate them, or use the green circle to grab and rotate with the mouse.
3) You can now position them over the same floorplan, and would notice that the scale is not exactly the same.

Kind regards,
Stefan
zimbe
User

Post by zimbe »

Hi Stefan,

did you get some informations from your dev team?

Kind regards
zimbe
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, zimbe

Sorry for the delay in an update here, but you have impeccable timing! The Dev team have just managed to get part of this resolved recently, and are working on the other half of the issue as we speak. After some discussion they have promised to try and have it fully resolved for the next update (build 360.0).

I still do not have a timeline for when this release will be available, but it should be coming in the next short few months.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
zimbe
User

Post by zimbe »

Hi,

did you manage to solve the problem?

The remarks from "PDF1" get still disconstructed in "PDF2".

PDF1:
grafik.png
grafik1.png
PDF2:
grafik2.png
grafik3.png
kind regards
zimbe
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi zimbe,

Our development team is currently still working on the issue, we'll update you when a resolution has been found.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com