Changing Bookmark Properties

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RedSharpEye
User

Changing Bookmark Properties

Post by RedSharpEye »

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk change the x and y coordinates of all bookmarks in a pdf?

To set the scene....

I have a pdf with 70+ bookmarks all linking to different pages, however the x and y have been set to inherit. I know that the x and y should be set to 0 and 297.

At present I am right clicking each bookmark, selecting properties , then edit and then changing the x and y which is taking a huge amount of time.

Even the alternative of scrolling to the desired location, right clicking the relative bookmark and clicking on set destination still takes a lot of time.

Is there a command that will do the job in one fell swoop?

Cheers

Red
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Changing Bookmark Properties

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, RedSharpEye

Unfortunately there is no way to change these destinations in bulk. I thought it might have been possible with JavaScript, but have just finished speaking with our Dev team on that front, and can confirm that even that is not possible. For the moment, the only way to make this change is manually, one bookmark at a time.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com