Add Watermarks Not Working on All Pages 9.2 358.0

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

M100
User

Post by M100 »

On Laptop, Windows 10 with Pdf Xchange Editor Plus version 9.2 build 358.0, add watermarks command does not place the source png image on all pages, but only on the first page of the document. I used the command: Organize / Watermaks / Add - file source: png - Page Range: all (Pages: All, Subset: All). Even if you select to place the watermark on all pages, the software will insert it only on the first page of the document. I also opened the document with Adobe Acrobat and the watermark appears only on the first page of the document. Obviously, the document has multiple pages (5 pages).

This bug is a major bug and must be solved
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Add Watermarks Not Working on All Pages 9.2 358.0

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Confirmed.

Also "Add Background" seems to suffer from this problem.

When verifying via the Content-pane, the watermark or background for the following pages seems to be there, but when using the recompress feature, you can see that there is something wrong.

Regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

I have reproduce this and reported it to our Dev team for further investigation. It seems surprisingly easy to reproduce, and I am surprised it wasn't caught in testing. Thank you very much for reporting this to us!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We fix the issue and the fix will be available in the next build.
As a workaround, you can convert your image to PDF, and add it as a watermark/background/etc. from this PDF.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
M100
User

Post by M100 »

Thank you, Daniel and Ivan! The watermark is very important. Otherwise, the software is great!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Special
User

Post by Special »

Was there an ETA for a fixed build for this? This is a really important feature that will need to be using again by early Monday this week, my options are to either revert back to a previous build or update to a new one that has this fixed, but if revert back now, I'll just have to update again afterwards when a new build comes out, would rather save myself the hassle of this all if I can and do this just once.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

I am afraid I cannot offer an exact date as yet and Monday is certainly optimistic.

If it is that crucial to you I would strongly suggest you roll back to an earlier release and await an update as soon as available,
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com