[Feature Request] Set tool for all opened docs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pigster
User

[Feature Request] Set tool for all opened docs

Post by pigster »

Hi PDF-XChange Team,

there is a setting in Preferences / Tools -> Keep current tool as default for newly opened documents.
My problem is that I usually open 10-20 or more documents and I would use the Typewriter or Stamp tool but I always forget to select the tool first and then open all the documents. And if you don't have any documents open, you can't even select any tools because they're disabled. So I have to open a document, then select the tool I want, then open all the other documents to have the desired tool for all of them.
So it would be great to have an option to set the selected tool for all already opened documents (at least the commenting tools). Maybe CTRL Click on the tool button or a checkbox in the right click flyout to select it for all opened docs.
I hope you'll consider implementing this feature. Thank you.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Set tool for all opened docs

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi pigster,

thanks for the excellent suggestion. I can see the usefulness of that and have created a formal Feature Request around it.

While not accessible outside the team, if you refer to RT#5757: Feature Request :: Editor :: Set tool for all opened docs here or in correspondence with support@pdf-xchange.com then any support staff member can get you a status update.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com