How to flatten transparencies

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

foxpilot
User

How to flatten transparencies

Post by foxpilot »

Hello,

Is there a function to flatten transparencies?

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to flatten transparencies

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, foxpilot

I am not certain that I know what you mean in this case, can you offer some more context here, perhaps a sample document with the content you are looking to flatten?

I will make an assumption here, my apologies if it is incorrect, but I can guess that you have an image which is partially transparent, and you wish to give it an opaque background? If so, ideally, you should edit the image separately from our Editor, using a dedicated image manipulation application.

I am not certain that this will work, but you may also be able to do this by selecting the image and choosing "recompress images" (from the right click context menu). Once that menu appears, change the image format to something other than its original format, and it may remove the transparency automatically. We have gone to great lengths to try and retain transparency where possible however, and as our software is not intended for image processing, this would at best be considered a "workaround" and not the intended way to perform the task.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com