Can PDF-XChange be used instead of Adobe Sign for workflow?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gkbrenne
User

Can PDF-XChange be used instead of Adobe Sign for workflow?

Post by gkbrenne »

I am recommending PDF XChange to a client. They are currently using Adobe Sign for an invoice approval process. The question I don't know how to answer for them "Can PDF X-Change allow for an approval/signature process where it can email to individuals and require them to add information?"

I've not used Adobe Sign, so I'm not sure how to answer. Can anyone else provide some insight?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Can PDF-XChange be used instead of Adobe Sign for workflow?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gkbrenne,

Adobe Sign relies on their own servers, and is likely a subscription service as well.
We do not have our own service that can do the same, but we do support DocuSign - a third paty service that offers exactly the same features, so if your customer is willing to look at alternative signing solutions - then maybe DocuSign will be the right one for them, as it's scalable, and is also available for more than just PDF files.

We do not earn any commissions from DocuSign - we only offer a plug-in in our software that can work with their systems.

Kind regards,
Stefan
gkbrenne
User

Post by gkbrenne »

Great answer - thank you.

If they don't need approved signatures, but just a way to route documents, would Microsoft Flow work?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

I am afraid we have no experience with Microsoft Flow so are unable to offer an advice or opinion in regards its suitability.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gkbrenne,

Looking at what MS Flow is - it offers quite a few features, but if they want to use it as DMS - then it could indeed be suitable for their needs!

Kind regards,
Stefan