[suggestion] Quickly find the required languages in "Document Properties" / "Advanced" / "Reading Options"

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] Quickly find the required languages in "Document Properties" / "Advanced" / "Reading Options"

Post by Jensen Head »

Now, when specifying the languages of the document ("Advanced Document Settings" tab), the user has to completely type the desired language, or manually search for it in the list. In the process of typing the name of the language, there is neither a quick jump of the cursor in the list, nor a decrease in the list to match the entered letter combination:
_
2021-10-15_09-46-40.png

See how convenient the choice of document languages is made in Abbyy Finereader:
_
ABBYY FineReader PDF — OCR language choosing
ABBYY FineReader PDF — OCR language choosing

By the way, in the current user's manual there is nothing about the phrase "Reading Options" - in particular, about the format for specifying several languages. It is not clear whether a space, a comma, a semicolon is used, and is it acceptable to use codes 639-1, 639-2/T, 639-2/B или 639-3 to denote languages?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Quickly find the required languages in "Document Properties" / "Advanced" / "Reading Options"

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jensen Head,

that certainly does sound reasonable to me. I have raised a formal feature request around this. Tis does not reprsnet a promise to deliver the feature, but it does mean it will be evaluated by the Development team. Ultimately it will be the development team leader's choice.

While for internal use only, the reference is RT#5754: Feature request :: Editor :: Quickly find the required languages in "Document Properties" / "Advanced" / "Reading Options"

Ask about the ticket number when looking for updates.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com