[suggestion] Allow the user to move the borders of the cropping selection with more than just handles  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] Allow the user to move the borders of the cropping selection with more than just handles

Post by Jensen Head »

Now, when using the "Crop Page Tool" tool, only when user hover over the markers in the corners and in the middle of the sides of the frame, it can be changed:
2021-10-14_17-29-10.png
2021-10-14_17-29-10.png (1.11 KiB) Viewed 980 times

When you hover the cursor over other parts of the frame, there is no possibility to move its borders:
2021-10-14_17-39-31.png
2021-10-14_17-39-31.png (433 Bytes) Viewed 980 times

This is inconvenient when the object near which you want to crop the page is not in the corner of the cropping zone or in the middle of its side. And, of course, when precise positioning is required, i.e. editing is done at high magnification.
Jensen Head
User

Re: [suggestion] Allow the user to move the borders of the cropping selection with more than just handles

Post by Jensen Head »

I came across a good example to illustrate the need for my proposed change:
_
2021-10-15_09-10-22.png

I need to glue a table of three parts located on different pages. At the same time, the first sheet must first be cut close to the table on the right, the second - on the left and right, and the third - only on the left. Accurate to a fraction of a millimeter. It is impossible to do this now.
Ovg
User

Re: [suggestion] Allow the user to move the borders of the cropping selection with more than just handles

Post by Ovg »

What is your product and version? In the latest version of editor it works as you proposed....
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Ovg wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:40 amWhat is your product and version? In the latest version of editor it works as you proposed....
PDF-XChange Editor Plus 9.0, build 352.0 (Feb 4 2021; 17:55:44). Seems like it's time for me to upgrade?
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

Sorry, I use this dialog box

image.png
It works as you wish

Instrument that you are described works for me the same way as for you....
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi all,

Unfortunately, upgrading to PDF-XChange Editor 9.1.356 will not help.

Resizing the frame of the cropping tool by dragging its borders is only possible in the preview window of the dialog-box (like showed by Ovg). In the main window this is currently not possible.

+1 for the request.

Regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Allow the user to move the borders of the cropping selection with more than just handles  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel and all,

Thanks for your posts and requesting this feature. I will pass it on to our UI devs for consideration!

Kind regards,
Stefan