Error [IO Subsystem]: End Of Data reached - when I copy/paste a stamp

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JDTrack3r
User

Error [IO Subsystem]: End Of Data reached - when I copy/paste a stamp

Post by JDTrack3r »

I am an architect and use AutoCAD to produce floor plans in PDFs. For a few years I have "printed" my drawings to PDF using AutoCAD's DWG to PDF printer. Once the drawings are converted to PDF, I place my architect's stamp, which I have saved in PDF Xchange in the home>Comment>Stamp section. Once I stamp one sheet, then I do a copy/paste to all the other sheets. Doing a copy paste ensures that the stamp is in the same spot each and every time. However, just recently (this week), I have started to get an error message whenever I do the Copy/Paste method. I have noticed that if I manually place the same stamp over and over again (not using copy/paste) it all works fine. This only happens if I do a copy/paste of the stamp.

The error as noted in the subject line states:

An error occurred while saving the document to the file:
(file address)
Error [IO subsystem]: End Of Data reached.

I am using windows X Pro
I am using the latest version of PDF Xchange Editor.

As mentioned before, I have been doing this for a few years and the last few days I have been having problems in doing this.

Anyone out there that may be able to help?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Error [IO Subsystem]: End Of Data reached - when I copy/paste a stamp

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, JDTrack3r

First, can I ask you to confirm what exact version and build you mean when you say "the latest"? you can find this by clicking help > about.

Now, Does this happen with all documents, or only certain ones? As a test, please try opening one of your previous files that this worked properly with, and tell me if you see the same problem there now? If not, the issue may be specific to how the file is now being created, we can take a look and see what could be done to help there.

To do this, we will need you to send us a copy of any document you can reproduce this with, as well as a copy of the stamp file you are applying to it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com