Resume reading on another device

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kidmar
User

Resume reading on another device

Post by kidmar »

Is it possible to resume reading state on another device?
I have a pdf file synced using a cloud storage to many devices and I would like to resume reading the file from where I left it even if I change the device.
Is there a way to save the reading state to the same folder where the pdf file is?
That way it would get synced to the cloud and every device would know where to start reading
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Resume reading on another device

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kidmar

We do not offer any features like this, be they cloud based or otherwise to have this occur automatically.

The closest option I can think of is to manually save the "session" before you walk away from device 1. Storing the session file itself, and all documents you are accessing, in a shared folder, so that you can open the "session" on device 2, which would attempt to restore the documents and views on that other device. Note that this method would require you to configure the editor n both devices so that we ignore document settings and the last used settings in the "recents list" (assuming you are going back and forth between the two devices).
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com