Is it possible to use a symbolic link to reference a shared stamp folder  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kagen.yu
User

Is it possible to use a symbolic link to reference a shared stamp folder

Post by kagen.yu »

I made a set of stamps and stored in a shared folder. I wonder if I can use a symbolic link to reference stamp folder. So that whenever I updated or add a stamp into the share folder. everyone will synchronice to the latest stamps.

Code: Select all

mklink /D "%AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps" "\\some_svr\Shared\Stamps"
I tried but failed. Is it impossible or I did something wrong? :|
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to use a symbolic link to reference a shared stamp folder

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that these files are not located in an ordinary folder but a system one.

Could you please try to set the full path to the stamps folder?

Regards.
kagen.yu
User

Post by kagen.yu »

Dimitar - Tracker Supp wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:20 am Hello,

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that these files are not located in an ordinary folder but a system one.

Could you please try to set the full path to the stamps folder?

Regards.
I tried, Result is:

local profile: successed!

mklink /D "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps" "\\svr01\shared\Stamps"
mobile profile: failed!

mklink /D "\\svr01\Users$\me\Application Data\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps" "\\svr01\shared\Stamps"
If I run this command from client turns out "Access Denied". If I run this command from AD server, the symbolic link is created and works fine, but when you open PDF Xchange Editor, you will found stamps are not there. Any advice?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to use a symbolic link to reference a shared stamp folder  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kagen.yu

Might I ask why you are using the stamps folder under a users appdata folder if you want these stamps to be shared anyway? Stamps can be stored in the installation directory to be made available to all users on the current device, specifically here:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\Stamps
I think that should circumvent the access denied error you are seeing from before, as you are not trying to access another users appdata directory anymore.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kagen.yu
User

Post by kagen.yu »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm Might I ask why you are using the stamps folder under a users appdata folder if you want these stamps to be shared anyway? Stamps can be stored in the installation directory to be made available to all users on the current device, specifically here:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\Stamps
Yes, this solved my problem. Thank you very much.
Let me ask one more question, can I remove the standard stamps? where can I delete them.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kagen.yu

Currently it is not possible to remove the standard stamps, though you can collapse their stamp categories so that your custom stamps are easier to locate.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com