Traditional Chinese italics cannot be displayed correctly in PDF X-Change Editor v9.x

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

misitsai
User

Traditional Chinese italics cannot be displayed correctly in PDF X-Change Editor v9.x

Post by misitsai »

I am the IT of Roche Products Taiwan. Recently we updated the PDF X-Change Editor version to v9.x, and found that the traditional Chinese italics could not be displayed correctly. After testing, all 9.x versions have this problem. The 8.x version is normal.
Could you please help to fix this problem? Thank you.
2021_10_05_09_50_06_3._MabThera_IV_CDS_34.0_0921_MAB_01_clean_with_red_box_PDF_XChange_Editor.png
Attachments
2021_10_05_09_56_58_3._MabThera_IV_CDS_34.0_0921_MAB_01_clean_with_red_box_PDF_XChange_Editor.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Traditional Chinese italics cannot be displayed correctly in PDF X-Change Editor v9.x

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, misitsai

Thank you for the report, I will be sure to inform our Dev team about this, but could I first ask you for a copy of this document (or just that one page) so that we have a sample file to work with?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
misitsai
User

Re: Traditional Chinese italics cannot be displayed correctly in PDF X-Change Editor v9.x

Post by misitsai »

Hello,

This is the sample file , thank you for your help!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello misitsai,

Thanks for the sample file.
I just tested it in build 357 of the Editor (released last night), and the Italics does seem to show properly for me in this one:
image.png
image.png (14.46 KiB) Viewed 282 times
And the page looks identical in our Editor and in other PDF products.

So can you please also test this current build at your end?

Kind regards,
Stefan