Move PDF Xchange Editor to new laptop  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

EmilyW
User

Move PDF Xchange Editor to new laptop

Post by EmilyW »

I currently have PDF Xchange Editor installed on my PC and on one laptop. That laptop is on its last legs and I have purchased a new one to replace it. The old one will be going to electronics recycle as soon as I get the data cleared off.

Can I install the software to my new laptop without needing to purchase another copy? Would it be sufficient simply to uninstall it from the old laptop and then install it on the new one?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Move PDF Xchange Editor to new laptop  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, EmilyW

To Migrate to a new device, we ask that you remove your license from the old device. This can be done within the Editor, via "help > license key > [select key] > remove".
Once that is complete, navigate to your account page on the new device, where you can download the latest installer and acquire a copy of your license key at any time. If your old device used V9 of our software, and was activated, you may need to remove the old device from your "activation list" for the key as well. This is again done from your account page.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
EmilyW
User

Re: Move PDF Xchange Editor to new laptop

Post by EmilyW »

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)
NoteApplicabble
User

Post by NoteApplicabble »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:47 pm Hello, EmilyW

To Migrate to a new device, we ask that you remove your license from the old device. This can be done within the Editor, via "help > license key > [select key] > remove".
Once that is complete, navigate to your account page on the new device, where you can download the latest installer and acquire a copy of your license key at any time. If your old device used V9 of our software, and was activated, you may need to remove the old device from your "activation list" for the key as well. This is again done from your account page.

Kind regards,

I have the same question (essentially).

I have the one installation on my personal home computer where I have been doing all of my work to date. I did install the software and license temporarily on an old laptop that I took to my brother-in-laws house to show him the software capabilities and limitations related to a project I am working on and seeking his advice. (I've never used the software on this old laptop for productivity. I used it only one day to show him your software at his house one afternoon / evening.)

I received back from a church my other computer that has more processing power and I'd like to migrate the license from that old laptop I mentioned to the more capable computer I previously had loaned out.

Following the instructions on this thread I removed the license from the laptop and tried to activate it online to the new computer. It failed and said I had exceeded the license count. I went back and fired up the old laptop and sure enough, your software was correct, I had failed to remove that license and software from that 10+ year old laptop. I did remove the license and software, but this still won't let me install the license to this 2nd portable computer now that I'm trying to get it activated and available for use as an actual functioning portable device - that doesn't need to stay at home all the time.

Tracker-Software.com,
Is what I'm attempting to do authorized as I understand it based on the single user license? (One primary device & one portable device for a single individuals use?)
If so, can you help me get the license transferred to a more capable 2nd portable computer device than the original that was never used for productivity, just show and tell?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello NoteApplicabble,

You would also need to log into your account on our website, and deactivate the license from there. Once that is done - the activation on the new more powerful machine will work correctly.

Kind regards,
Stefan
NoteApplicabble
User

Post by NoteApplicabble »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:52 pm You would also need to log into your account on our website, and deactivate the license from there. Once that is done - the activation on the new more powerful machine will work correctly.

Thanks, that was the step I was missing.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com