The linked page of the named destination disappears when reordering by cut and paste in the thumbnail pane

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

The linked page of the named destination disappears when reordering by cut and paste in the thumbnail pane

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

You can reorder by dragging the thumbnail pages in the thumbnail pane (referred to here as Method A). You can achieve the same goal by using cut and paste in the thumbnail pane (referred to here as Method B).

If you reorder a PDF file that has named destinations by Method A, the linked page of the named destinations will be changed automatically. However, with Method B, the linked page of the named destination disappears.

When you drag the thumbnail page in the thumbnail pane, the scroll acceleration function works. While acceleration is too effective, deceleration is reflected in an instant, so it seems difficult to specify the target page position by dragging, especially for documents with a large number of pages. Even if you try Method B to avoid that difficulty, the above-mentioned named destination problem still come up.

Even if you cut and paste in the thumbnail pane to reorder the pages, it is convenient if the linked page of the specified destination is automatically changed.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version:9.1 build 356.0
- OS Version: Windows 10 Home/Pro 21H1 Build 19043.1237
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL / HP ProDesk 600 G1
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
David.P
User

Re: The linked page of the named destination disappears when reordering by cut and paste in the thumbnail pane

Post by David.P »

If the document is well-equipped with bookmarks, page ranges selected in the Thumbnail Pane can also be dragged between certain bookmarks to move the pages (isn't that awesome?)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
rakunavi
User

Re: The linked page of the named destination disappears when reordering by cut and paste in the thumbnail pane

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you very much David,

Thanks to the comment, I felt like the scales had fallen from my eyes.
I'm very grateful for this method because I often reorder newly scanned pages into existing categories.
I would also like to thank the developers who implemented the great method.

Thank you again and best regards,

rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Glad you seem to like this feature as much as I love it.

The story of how it came to be :) can be found here, for anyone who's interested:

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24391&p=131545&hilit=drag+pages+bookmarks#p104488

Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you very much David,

Thanks to the images in the linked posts you introduced, I've learned how to place panes, such as bookmarks and thumbnails, incredibly freely by dragging the title bar or pane tab.
I am impressed with the your deep knowledge and thank you again for everything.

Best regards,

rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE