Windows explorer pdf preview too small / no zoom  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gpw
User

Windows explorer pdf preview too small / no zoom

Post by gpw »

Dear all,
I'm using a licensed Version of PDF-XChange Editor V 9.1 build 356 and Windows 10 business x64.
Unfortunately, in the preview window on the right side of Windows Explorer, there's only a small thumbnail of the pdfs visible, always in the same size and it's not possible to zoom or change the size of the preview (see picture attached).
I arleady re-registered everything with XCShInfoSetup.exe, that didn't change the problem.
pdfxchange_prev.png
pdfxchange_handler.png
What do I need to do that I get a preview, in which I can zoom or change the size of that preview? Because with that small preview thumbnail it's impossible to see or read the content.

Thank you very much in advance!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Windows explorer pdf preview too small / no zoom

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, gpw

From what I see in your screenshot, it does not appear that our preview handler has been properly enabled. My first suggestions will be to de-register the shell extensions, apply, and then re-register them. Know you mentioned doing it already, but making sure this is done, with the apply step in the middle, can be the difference between a solution and problem. Once the shell items have been re-registered, please restart the PC, to ensure that the changes made there can be fully applied.

Please let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
gpw
User

Post by gpw »

Hello Daniel,
thank you for your reply.
In XCShInfoSetup.exe I set all handlers to <none> -> then "Apply" -> "Exit" -> Restart PC -> again XCShInfoSetup.exe -> all handlers to PDF X-Change -> "Apply" -> "Exit" -> Restart PC
This procedure unfortunately brought no changes, I still only have this small thumbnails in the preview window.

Best regards
Gerald
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, gpw

We are investigating this issue with another user who gave a very similar report right now. I apologize for the delay on a reply, we were hoping to have a remote session with them and then I would hopefully have had an answer for you. Unfortunately that user has yet to come back to us confirming they would be able to participate in a remote session.

As such, I would like to extend the same offer to you, if this issue is reliably reproducible, our Shell extension developers would like to take an up close and personal look at a device it is happening on, so that they can troubleshoot, and hopefully prevent this issue in the future.

Would you be willing to let us take remote control of your device for an hour or so? You would still be in full control of the PC, and able to observe everything we do, as well as communicate with us during the process, but the sooner we get to take a look at one of these cases, the sooner we can get to work on a fix.

If that is an option, please follow the steps here to setup TeamViewer on that PC, and then send us an email with a link to this forum post, so that we can get a date and time arranged for the session. Our email address is support@pdf-xchange.com

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Re: Windows explorer pdf preview too small / no zoom  SOLVED

Post by David.P »

Hello all,

the symptom pattern experienced by Gerald here would fit exactly to not having enabled this option in Windows Explorer:

image.png

Hth & regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
gpw
User

Post by gpw »

Hello Daniel, hello David,
sorry for my late reply, i haven't been in the office the last days.

What David suggested is exactly the solution for my problem - many thanks! :D
@ Daniel - thanks for offering the remote troubleshoot, that's not neccessary any more :)
Best regards
Gerald
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Windows explorer pdf preview too small / no zoom

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com