margin in a text box or text field?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

YetAnotherUser
User

margin in a text box or text field?

Post by YetAnotherUser »

Hi! Id like to have a margin with my text box, how do that in PDF XChange Editor? I tried it with a 12pt border that has the same color as the pages background color, which is a workaround. But it has it's downside too. Is there a proper way to achieve margin?
YetAnotherUser
User

Re: margin in a text box or text field?

Post by YetAnotherUser »

My question was ill-phrased, because I actually mean padding (not margin), but ok, I found this thread about padding now

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=35866&p=148950&hilit=padding#p148950

... which is somewhat helpful as it allows at least to set the left and right side padding. I think I'm fine with that solution now.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: margin in a text box or text field?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, YetAnotherUser

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, I do think that other topic is going to be the best way to get what you want here. PDF doesn't really allow for "padding" as a concept, because it is not flow based, and the "editable text boxes" you see on the page are dynamically created by the application you are using at runtime. It is not something that can be modified easily, nor something that can be recorded in any way to ensure that other applications will actually understand or respect it, let alone be expected to maintain it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com