Copying multiple form fields as unique fields

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Hitantti
User

Copying multiple form fields as unique fields

Post by Hitantti »

Hi,

Is it possible to copy added forms as unique and not to follow the original linking?

I have a document with multiple same type of tables and I have manually drawn the text-type form field over the fields of the first table. I would like to copy these forms fields to the next table of the same kind and size.

I am able to copy those but copied ones are linked to the originals and renaming the form fields one by one is quite cumbersome and I really would not like to do it.

I could not find post with this kind of problem with searching nor scouring though the manuals.

Br,
Antti
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Copying multiple form fields as unique fields

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Hitantti

We have seen a number of requests for this recently, and are working on a possible implementation of it, but I cannot promise a timeline just yet. For now, the only way to "copy and rename" fields, is to use the "insert pages" command and insert a duplicate copy of the first page you wish to copy from. This tool is located on the "organize" tab and will give you options for how to handle form fields with duplicate names in the file.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com