Digitally Sign Document By Both Parties  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

End User
User

Digitally Sign Document By Both Parties

Post by End User »

I guess I've never ran into this before, as I've always been the last person to sign a document. I've created an agreement with two signature fields and I'd like to digitally sign the first field before then emailing the document to the other party for their digital signature.

Of course, once I digitally sign the document in the first signature field the document prompts me to save it with a new filename. Once I do digitally sign the document and save it with a new name the security features in the 'Document Permissions Detail' section of the 'Document Properties' under the 'Security' category automatically change 'Signing' to 'Not Allowed *'. At the bottom of the dialog box the asterisk states "Signature(s) in this document will restrict some operations.".

I've done a few searches here on this topic, but I'm apparently not using the correct verbiage, as I have to believe this is a reoccurring question. I apologize in advance if it is a frequent question, but I'd appreciate any guidance that can be provided.
Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 (64-Bit) ~ PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version 10.1.2 (Build 382)
lev
User

Re: Digitally Sign Document By Both Parties  SOLVED

Post by lev »

Check if you are allowing Document Signing under Permissions:
image.png
End User
User

Re: Digitally Sign Document By Both Parties

Post by End User »

lev wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm Check if you are allowing Document Signing under Permissions:
That was precisely the issue. Thank you for the quick and accurate response.
Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 (64-Bit) ~ PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version 10.1.2 (Build 382)
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Digitally Sign Document By Both Parties

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)