OCR

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wisnoskij
User

OCR

Post by wisnoskij »

I am having a hell of a time trying to get OCR to work. Does it not look at stamp objects when OCRing? I have this PDF document made up of image stamp objects and want to make it searchable, but also editable in the future. So I don't want to flatten the stamp objects. Can I just put hidden text boxes myself over the images?

I also want to have additional content (more images) pop out when rollover/button press and also have this content show up in search/find. I am not even sure if xchange does any interactive content like this, or how PDFs handle searching hidden content.

Can someone tell me if my goal is even achievable?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: OCR

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, wisnoskij

Stamps are classified as "comments" and as such are ignored with the default settings. If you uncheck the option to "ignore comments on page" you will find that your stamps can be OCR'ed. Note that the new text content will always be placed below the stamp.
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
wisnoskij
User

Post by wisnoskij »

Ah, thanks. being able to look at the result really helped, turns out only "low" accuracy returned semi accurate results the others returning some random specially characters or nothing.

How do I edit this text?

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, wisnoskij

Since it is below the existing Stamp comments (comment ALWAYS appear above base content), you will want to move or delete the existing stamp comment first in order to edit the text behind it.

In order to edit any base content, simply select the "edit > al content" tool from the home tab, then click on the content in question.

I should note that, this "edit" tool would also allow you to move the content of a "flattened" stamp. So if you are finding that OCR is not sufficient, flattening would still be an excellent option, and would not impair your ability to move the content.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
wisnoskij
User

Post by wisnoskij »

Oh, sorry. It is working now. I had clicked that Edit button many times, saw "all content" enabled and moved on, I think I just needed to click the button.

Thanks so much.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

OCR

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com