Print to PDF slow since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MaartenVR87
User

Print to PDF slow since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

Post by MaartenVR87 »

We are using PDF XChange pro in our entire company and since we upgraded all the machines to`Windows 10 20H2 and now also 21H1, we are noticing that printing to PDF is very slow.

We take a word document with just text in it. We go file > print and select "PDF XChange standard" and press print.
It loads for 30+ seconds, almost looking like its freezing and than the save as window pops up.
We can save the document and PDF XChange editor opens the document.

Before Windows 10 20H2 this used to be instant. If we use Microsoft print to pdf it still is instant.

As we have administrative people handling many, many documents. This really is a problem for us.

Please help!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Print to PDF slow since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MaartenVR87

Thank you for the report, can I ask you to confirm which of our print drivers you are using when you experience this issue, and what version/build you are running of our software at the moment? If you are not already, please try to update the software to V9.1.356.0 and see if that helps.

If updating does not impact the issue, please confirm if the delay happens at all times, or only with some files. As an example, do you see the same delay when printing a new blank word document containing only the word "test"? In the same vein, do other applications also have the same delay? As a test, if you open notepad, and print a blank sheet with "test" written on it, does the same delay occur?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
MaartenVR87
User

Post by MaartenVR87 »

We are running version V9.1.356.0 and i have tried printing a word file with just Test in it or a word file with 8 pages and some pictures. No difference. I have also tried a Notepad file with the word Test in it and this also has very slow loading.

I have checked on multiple devices and everywhere i see the same driver info(nothing) for the PDF XCHange Standard driver.
Is this correct? This makes me start to believe the driver is the issue. I tried removing the whole software and reinstalling it but it still shows the empty driver information.
pdfversion.png
(4.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
pdf xchangestandard driver.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, MaartenVR87

I have spoken with our Dev team on this, and they would like to investigate this directly if possible. to facilitate this, we will need to have a remote session with you.

If that is possible, could I ask you to please send us an email via support@pdf-xchange.com so that we can arrange a time which works for both of us. We use TeamViewer for our remote sessions, if you do not have it installed, you can follow the steps here to prepare: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... r-Software

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
MaartenVR87
User

Post by MaartenVR87 »

Hello,

I have already send an email about this some time ago. So far i had no response to this.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, MaartenVR87

I wanted to followup here, we managed to locate the previous conversation, which was unfortunately missed by our support team at the time. We do apologize for this blunder, and will endeavour to avoid cases like that again in the future.

The issue with slow printing was investigated and resolved by our Dev team during a remote session. Hopefully, with the improvements they have planned, this will not be an issue for other users in the future.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com