Remember page like a physical book mark

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

Remember page like a physical book mark

Post by kumar »

Hi,
Is there a way I can make the editor remember the page I was on before closing the document and then have it go to the page when I open the document next time, sort of like having a physical paper book mark in a book? - without having to create a new bookmark in the PDF. Thanks!
Ovg
User

Re: Remember page like a physical book mark

Post by Ovg »

Try this:

image.png
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

Thanks. It's already checked in the preferences in my case and it does not help with what I'm looking to do.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kumar

That option should do exactly what you have described here. If it is not working, than it it possible there is a permissions issue with your appdata or temp folders, and we cannot store the last used view information for the document properly. Another possibility is if you are closing the application improperly, and so it cannot start the save process, this is a common issue if you frequently leave the software open when you shut the computer down.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

Thanks. Well, the preferences setting states 'Restore the last page............from the Recents List'. So, does it mean this setting works only if you opened a file from the recents list or would it also work if I opened a PDF file from Windows explorer (by double clicking the file)?

PS I can say that there are no permissions issues and I don't shutdown the computer with the files open in the editor. I always close the files/editor.
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

Working fine here from Explorer too... What is the version of your PDFX Editor?
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Kumar

"[...]From the recents list" simply means that any document which exists in the recents list (for which we have view information saved) this will be restored when you next open the file. By default the recents list can store 5,000 documents, with a lifetime of 10,000 days. If you have reduced these numbers to a very small amount, or enabled the option to "clear history on exit" than there may be noting saved to restore:
image.png
Please check these settings, under the File menu, and confirm they are not the cause of the issue.

Beyond that, I too would like to know, what version and build of our software is running on your PC currently? you can check this under help > about.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com