Problems in PDF xchange editor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shareque.farooqui@qubatic.com
User

Problems in PDF xchange editor

Post by shareque.farooqui@qubatic.com »

Hi,

I have few task to perform in PDF xchange editor and we are not able to do it, please check the below list and help me to resolve the issue.

1) On callout option we are not able to add extra leader and if we add it manually by adding and arrow and we have to change callout comment option then we have to change arrow position manually, it consuming too much time.

2) After flatten any comment we are not able to unflatten it because no option available to do that.

3) When we are comparing PDF its not highlighting the changes, for that we have to use third-party software and it will also consuming too much time.

4) Not able to save callout template with text, its just saving a template without text.

Regards
Shareque
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Problems in PDF xchange editor

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shareque.farooqui@qubatic.com,

Thanks for your post and feedback. I will use the same notation to keep my replies on the point.

1) Yes - the PDF specification does not provision for a callout tool to have more than one leader line - so if there is some other software which creates such - they might work in their own software, but will still be separate objects in other PDF Viewers. We are not planning on implementing non specification compliant features.

2) Comments/Annotations in a PDF file have attributes that can not be preserved when they are flattened, and this information is lost in the flattening process. That's why it's not possible to "unflatten" a base content object and convert it to an annotation. The only way for this to work is if you flatten and in the same session undo the operation.

3) We are working on a comparison feature, however I do not have an exact release date for this feature yet.

4) Callout and some other annotations are complex structures, and the default for the appearance of the callout and for the text insde are set up separately. Here is how you can set up text appearance as default:
How do I change the default text settings for comments and annotations in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?

Kind regards,
Stefan
User

hi,

4) What i mean, in other PDF application when create a callout and enter some text in it i can save it in the toolbar, so when i required it again i can use without typing all the text in it.

in PDF xchange editor i can only save the template and what guide you suggested to me with that i can save only formatting not the actual text which i have to type many times.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shareque.farooqui@qubatic.com,

We do offer you to create templates for the appearance of specific tools, but this is for the visual part. Tools like the callout that do require further input can not have that further input also predefined.

An alternative approach would be to create a stamp with a similar look and use that, as they can have both graphic and text already in them:
How do I use the Stamps Palette to create and save customized stamps for the Stamp Tool

Kind regards,
Stefan
User

This are the main feature anyone required in PDF software, Please do implement it.

i have seen lots of post where users are asking for same feature from long time but you guys haven't given any solution on it.

now its feeling like we have wasted our money by purchasing your software.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

1) Adding additional leader lines in a callout text-box is not possible for as far as I know.

2) After flatten, un-flatten is not possible... Why not just "undo" (CTRL + Z) ?

3) Comparing PDF's with PDF-XChange Editor is not possible at this moment.

4) Why not save all your needed comments, callouts, etc. in a separate PDF that you can call for example TEMPLATE.pdf and then always open this pdf together with the pdf(s) you are working on ? So you can easily select an item you need and then copy/paste.

Kind regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

As Willy mentions, Callouts cannot have more than one leader line. This is defined by the PDF specification, doing so could and likely will cause damage to your document (possibly corrupting it or otherwise resulting in irreversible data loss).

Regarding comparison specifically, I have heard confirmation that that is well underway, and should be available in a few build's time (this still means it is a few months away, but it is coming in the semi-near future.)

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com