Can't copy pictures to PDF

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ikuh
User

Can't copy pictures to PDF

Post by Ikuh »

Hey,

I can't copy + paste pictures to PDF-files on PDF-xchange. Only way I can add them is by making my own stamp of the picture and stamping it on the PDF. How can I fix this?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Can't copy pictures to PDF

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

What happens when you have a picture in the Windows clipboard and then you click "Paste" in the shortcut menu that shows up after a right-mouse-click on a page in your PDF? Do you get an error- or warning-message? Nothing happens?

I do not immediately see a way to reproduce the problem, except if the PDF should be protected against modification.
Do you also have the problem with a new blank PDF?

Can you describe the steps you follow to copy/paste pictures in PDF-XChange Editor?

Regards.

Willy
Ikuh
User

Post by Ikuh »

I could copy it on a blank pdf and somehow it fixed the problem and now I can copy pictures to pdf-files I wasn't previously able to.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ikuh,

Glad to hear that it's working for you now!
pasting from the Windows Clipboard to a PDF's page will paste the image as a stamp, and you can also insert images from files if desired.
In either case - please ensure you are using the most up to date version to minimize experiencing problems that might have already been fixed.

Kind regards,
Stefan