Supplement portfolio

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Petrocelli99
User

Supplement portfolio

Post by Petrocelli99 »

I have a few questions about a PDF portfolio:

For example, I have now created a portfolio from Outlook with various mails using the PDF Xchange AddOn.

Then it creates the folder path with (root...).
1. is it possible to change this?

2. Why is the content of the mail not displayed underneath where the PDF Xchange icon appears, but is displayed in a tab next to it?

Then I want to add other mails later.
But I can't add any more via Outlook directly (drag and drop).
If I save them as a .msg file and then drag and drop them in, the information "Date, From, To" is not displayed.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Supplement portfolio

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Petrocelli99,

sorry - it seems we missed your post.

Regards the path that is created, that doe snot have any options to customize it as I understand.

Regarding this question:
Why is the content of the mail not displayed underneath where the PDF Xchange icon appears, but is displayed in a tab next to it?
Can you offer a screenshot of this? I am not sure I understand from the description what were are looking at here.

please and thanks
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Petrocelli99
User

Post by Petrocelli99 »

Hi Paul,

I'll try to explain it better. Here is a screenshot for point 2:
Image 2021-11-10_ 1.png
At the moment, the individual view of the mails is a tab to the right. It would be much clearer if it was directly underneath instead of the cover page.

Then I want to add other mails later to the portfolio.
But I can't add any more via Outlook directly (drag and drop).
If I save them as a .msg file or also as a.pdf file with the Addon and then insert, the columns Date, From and To are not filled in.

By the way: Is it possible to set the order of the columns in the portfolio in general?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Petrocelli99,

In the past this "cover page" was more animated, but Flash was 'killed' at the start of 2021, so we have to rely on such a 'static' cover.
Portfolio PDF files are effectively a collection of attachments with the cover page (in the past more visually) offering you a way to navigate to those attachments. As you are converting several mails to a single portfolio - they are each created as a separate PDF and included in the collection.
When you click on any of those mails - a new tab is opened for that specific file.

While you can't directly add to a portfolio collection from outlook - you can create a new separate one, and then move attachments between those two portfolios to make the first one larger and including the new mails you wanted to add to it.

I don't think you can set the order of the columns.

Kind regards,
Stefan