Bookmarks becoming defective

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

Bookmarks becoming defective

Post by David.P »

Hello forum and Tracker support team,

I recently noticed that the bookmarks in some of my files tend to become defective at a certain point.

The affected bookmarks can no longer be assigned with a (different) destination, neither manually nor via the "Set Destination" command. Furthermore, these bookmarks cannot be moved by drag and drop anymore in the Bookmarks Pane, nor can they be moved to another document by drag and drop.

Only copying (or cutting) and subsequent pasting such defective bookmarks seems to fix them again.

Therefore, I can help myself at the moment by doing a cut and paste on all bookmarks of the affected files. Nevertheless, probably you would want to have a look into the issue.

I have attached a sample file where the issue occurs at "Bookmark 1".

Thank you
David

defunct bookmarks.pdf
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks becoming defective

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, David.P

I cannot seem to reproduce the issues with changing the bookmark target/destination. Since i could not reproduce them here, could I ask you to try making a video showing the issues you have making changes to the bookmark with set destination and other methods?

As for the inability to drag/drop the bookmark, that would be intentional as you cannot place a bookmark below itself on the chain, and bookmark 1 is the only "root" bookmark, everything else being below it (technically, it actually IS moving bookmark 1, but everything else is moving with it, as they are attached, and so it looks like nothing is happening). If you move bookmark 2 down to the "root" you will find that you can move bookmark 1 within those bounds without trouble.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Daniel,

actually I can't reproduce the issue myself at the moment anymore.

While I am positively sure that the problem has occurred several times, it might not have been caused by an actual document but by a certain state of PDF-XChange Editor itself.

I shall continue to investigate the matter and report back here if necessary.

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, David.P

Sure thing, thank you for the update. I will keep and eye on this thread incase you find anything new.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com