Excel VBA Converting PDF to Excel / Word / Text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

t.wilhelm@pbschneider.com
User

Excel VBA Converting PDF to Excel / Word / Text

Post by t.wilhelm@pbschneider.com »

Hello Forum,

I have a little problem.

I would like to use Excel VBA and automate converting a File to eigher *.doc (Word) or *.xls (Excel)
The converted File must be filled with readable and extractable Text (segments) so I can search and fill out TexBox'es in a UserForm
The file should have the same name as the old File and should be stored in the identical directory/path.
Do I need the Dependancy "PDF-XChange Editor IE-Plugin 1.0 Type Library" and "PDF-XChange Shell Ext Type Library" ?
I could not find a solution online as most code shown was C#. Where do i find the Excel VBA / VB.Net Code segments

If there is a solution to this please do not hesitate to share the code. :mrgreen:

Install Path of PDFXChange: "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\PDFXEdit.exe"
PDF File to convert is located here: "C:\Users\[USER]\Desktop\Test.pdf"
Operating System: Windows 10
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Excel VBA Converting PDF to Excel / Word / Text

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello t.wilhelm@pbschneider.com,

I do not think you will be able to do this with VBA inside Excel, but have you checked our PDF Tools?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-tools
You can set it up to monitor a folder, and to perform specific operations on files that end up there.
However - we can not tell whether the PDF is image or text based, so whether or not you need to OCR the files will have to be determined with some external logic.

You can read a bit more on using PDF Tools through the command line here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt ... ons_t.html

Kind regards,
Stefan