Export Measurement to csv including Layername

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gTv
User

Post by gTv »

Hello,

I have read several posts on the subject but do not understand why it is not possible to inlcude the layername in the export..
When I choose a default layer all text copies and measurements en up in the selected layer.
When I check these objects (measurements/ text) it states by oc-details on which layer it was created.

It would be great if you could inlcude the layer (oc-details)in the export, so you can use them in a calculation sheet, and now where the information came from.

Thanks

Current version: 9.1 build 356.0
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Export Measurement to csv including Layername

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gTv,

It is a decision we have to make as to what information for each specific comment/measurement we are exporting to the CSV file, and I can not recall the layer information being requested before. Usually all measurements will be in say one layer inside the PDF file and other content will be in other different ones, so unless you have a specific use case - this information will not usually be relevant, and for the majority of files that do not have any layers at all - even plain empty!

I will pass your suggestion for consideration, but can not promise that this feature request will actually be implemented.

Kind regards,
Stefan
gTv
User

Post by gTv »

The reason is that when you calculate surfaces, you want say a layer ground floor, first floor, second floor as layers.
Change for each level the default layer to its name and place the calculated surfaces on that layer.
When you export de csv file you know from which layers the numbers are.
In my calculation program i can see directly where those numbers came from.
Now I have to double check where the numbers came from.

Please include the layername.

Thank youImage

Leon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello gTv,

While the layer info is not exportable (and might not be added to exports in the future), you can e.g. adjust the "Subject" line so that you can easily distinguish your annotations in the exported .csv.

If you'd like - I can check whether a JS can be written that will go through all annotations in your file, check if they are in a specific layer - and then set their subject to be the same as the layer name. Would that work for you?

Kind regards,
Stefan
gTv
User

Post by gTv »

Hi Stefan,

That would be great, as I said it would be much easier for me just to know where the numbers came from.
In our calculation software it would be easy to import this and collect / seperate them on subject.

Thanks

Leon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Leon,

I am afraid that the news are not as good as I hoped! JS is a bit limited, and while you can e.g. toggle a whole layer on or off with JS and then you can also use JS to change the properties of many annotations in a loop - there is NO JS that will allow you to check which layer an annotation is assigned to, so no way to rename them as I was initially thinking it can be done.

Still - you can manually do it. Hide all but one layer in your file, then select all those annotations that remain visible, and change their subject to something unique, and repeat for each other layer. You can then export your measurements to a CSV file and instead of "area" your subject will now be the specific layer that you need to distinguish them by.

Kind regards,
Stefan
gTv
User

Post by gTv »

Top!

Works for me!

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin