change "Use Resolution" in code

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

visual approvals
User

change "Use Resolution" in code

Post by visual approvals »

Hi Guys
I need to be able to change "Use Resolution" in code (please see attached screen shot)
image.png
Could you please let me know what commands will give me access to either just the "page Display" page or the command to alter the resolution

Many Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: change "Use Resolution" in code

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello visual approvals,

If you need to set it up for many users - it might be easier if you export all the settings to a settings file, and then import it for them all, but if that is the only option you'd like to change - then it is stored in:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\PagesView\i.Resolution as a DWORD value.

Kind regards,
Stefan
visual approvals
User

Post by visual approvals »

Thanks Stefan
Our app uses click once to deploy so unfortunately the registry work around is not available
The nature of our app precludes us from providing access to the preferences page due to the availability of some settings which are not desired.

Having said that is the a way to control which "settings" can be accessed by users?
Andre
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Andre,

We have ADMX templates that you can use, and those can directly deactivate some commands and make the totally inaccessible for users:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/sysadm ... tes_e.html

Kind regards,
Stefan