Suggestion: trivial GUI addition to collapse/pin ribbon for FUI compatibility

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Yosh Mantinband
User

Suggestion: trivial GUI addition to collapse/pin ribbon for FUI compatibility

Post by Yosh Mantinband »

In the latest Office apps, I've gotten used to using the small ribbon collapsing widget in the lower right corner of the ribbon:
image.png
image.png (7.53 KiB) Viewed 307 times
(shown here with the tooltip).

To restore it, clicking any tab opens the ribbon and the lower-right corner now has a pin widget to make it stay open:
image2.png
image2.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 307 times
How about adding that to PDF Exchange Editor, too?

(Yes, I know about using the old double-click on the tab name to accomplish the same thing. That's what I do - after I realize the little corner widgets aren't there)

thanks!
yosh
Attachments
image1.png
image1.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 307 times
image.png
image.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Yosh Mantinband
User

Re: Suggestion: trivial GUI addition to collapse/pin ribbon for FUI compatibility

Post by Yosh Mantinband »

I just noticed you have the widgets in the upper right corner. Lower right is where we've learned to look for them...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: trivial GUI addition to collapse/pin ribbon for FUI compatibility

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Yosh Mantinband,

Thanks for your posts!
Yes - we do have the same feature, but yes our button is at the higher end of the ribbon bar - but this is not something that we can easily change or are looking at doing at this moment. However I hope that once you've learned where it is - you won't have issues using this button as needed!

Kind regards,
Stefan