Which version of PDF-XChangeEditor to use

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gopher_everett
User

Which version of PDF-XChangeEditor to use

Post by gopher_everett »

Hello,

Which version of PDF-XChangeEditor is best to be used in the following scenario?

I just upgraded my 1 TB main drive to a new 2 TB drive. So the 2 TB drive is now DriveC and the previous 1 TB drive (which contains my programs) is now DriveD.

Details for the existing version can be seen here:

https://imgur.com/MbHFNBa

I noticed on your download page that the current downloadable version is 9.1.356.0. Should I download/install that or can I continue using the current version?

If the latter, what is the best way to transfer folders/files from where they currently reside on Drive D to Drive C?

D:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor

Can I just copy/paste from their existing location?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Which version of PDF-XChangeEditor to use

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gopher_everett,

Yes - we would recommend you to use the current latest version, and as for transfering your software - if you have told windows to use the "Program Files" folder that is currently on your "D:" drive - you should be able to just install the latest version over the existing older one. If your new Windows can not see and recognize the previous software - just install the new one in your current Program Files location.

p.s. I also deleted your duplicate post with the same question.

Kind regards,
Stefan
gopher_everett
User

Post by gopher_everett »

Thank you for the reply.

Does using the current latest version require the purchase of a new license or is the upgrade free based on my existing version?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

When you buy a license for PDF-XChange Editor, there is one year of maintenance included.
This means that you can fully install every new build that is released within the following year, without paying for the upgrade.
After a year, you can still install new builds but all the features that are not for free will put publicity stamps on every page of the resulting PDF, except if you pay again for one or more years of maintenance.
More info: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/annual-maintenance-options.html

Normally, when you purchased a license, you have got an account (user name and password) to logon and download the appropriate version. This account should still be available for downloading your original build, with all its features fully working.
More info: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/version/pdf-xchange-editor

In case the maintenance of your version (V6.0.360.1) has expired (on 7 feb. 2018) and you would like to have the latest build with fully working features, you can best negotiate an upgrade price with Tracker sales, via your login account, or via sales@pdf-xchange.com, NOT via this forum.

Kind regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Everyone!

Willy is correct with his above statements, 1 year of maintenance is included with any new license purchase, and updating within that period is free, updating after that you would only need to "renew" your maintenance at a reduced cost, instead of purchaing a whole new license.

In any case though, license and account details cannot be directly discussed on the forums, as these are all public. If you are ready to make a purchase or renew, please do so from your account page. If you have questions, or the renewal option you are looking for is not present there, please email sales@pdf-xchange.com directly, for assistance.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
gopher_everett
User

Post by gopher_everett »

Many thanks for the explanations.

By the way, the account page is asking me to login. However, it is not accepting my username & password.

Is the login there the same as for this forum or do I need to create a new username and password there?
lev
User

Post by lev »

The account and the forum logins are not the same. You should have a login for your account, so you need to recover it to be able to see your past purchases and upgrade options.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello lev,

Thanks for the help! That is indeed true - the two accounts and log-in credentials are separate.

@gopher_everett - you would have an account on our main website if you have purchased a license directly from us. If you e.g. got a license through one of our resellers - you might have a license key, but no account, so you will need to register for one (key required) here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/account/register

Kind regards,
Stefan