Excel VBA PDF-Xchange standard V6 library

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

Excel VBA PDF-Xchange standard V6 library

Post by np audit tanácsadó kft. »

Hi!

I have updated my PDF-Xchange editor to 9.0.

After the updated in Excel / VBA Developer / Tools / References the PDF-Xchage standard V6 type library has disappeared and so our macros are not running anymore.

What do I have to install to get this tool back?

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Peter
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Excel VBA PDF-Xchange standard V6 library

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi Peter,

In the list with available references, I suppose you will have to look for the "PDF-XChange Standard Type Library".

A little bit strange: once its check-box has been turned on, you click OK and return into Tools > References, its name has changed to "PDF-XChange Printer Type Library", but normally your macros should work again. Maybe a restart of Excel might be needed, not sure.

I suppose you know that all selected libraries are on top of the list, and not in alphabetic order anymore.

Kind regards.

Willy
Attachments
Excel - VBA - Tools - References.png
np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

Hi Willy,

thanks a lot for your reply.

This is something what I have tried as well, but still the macros are not running. So I think the two tools are not the same.

When we run the macros then we get the message that "not defined" part are in the macros. So based on that I think the definition comming with the PDF-Xchang Priter Type Library are not the same as they used to be in the Standard V6 library. It is possible that we just have to change some of the definition in the macro but I was not able to find any supporting information on this issue

Thanks again

Cheers

Peter
np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

Hi Willy,

thanks a lot for your reply.

This is something what I have tried as well, but still the macros are not running. So I think the two tools are not the same.

When we run the macros then we get the message that "not defined" part are in the macros. So based on that I think the definition comming with the PDF-Xchang Priter Type Library are not the same as they used to be in the Standard V6 library. It is possible that we just have to change some of the definition in the macro but I was not able to find any supporting information on this issue

Thanks again

Cheers

Peter
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hi Peter,

I think we will have to hand over this problem to Tracker Software Support.
Most probably they have already encountered this error message in the past.

If not, a scenario to reproduce the problem might be needed.
In case you do not like to publish your macro/code onto this forum, you can always send it to support@tracker.com
A screenshot of the error message can also help.

Kind regards.

Willy
np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

HI,

thanks again. Do I have to forward this issue to Tracker Software Support or they are checking this communication and they are taking over this issue automatically?

Our macro is using definitions like these:

Dim PDFPFactory As New PXCComLib6.CPXCControlEx
Dim pdfjob As PXCComLib6.CPXCPrinter

Set pdfjob = PDFPFactory.Printer("", "PDF-XChangeVirtual", "", "")
'Assign settings for PDF job
With pdfjob
.Option("Security.Enabled") = True
.Option("Security.HasUserPassword") = True
.Option("Security.UserPassword") = Password
.Option("Save.file") = sPDFName
.Option("Save.runapp") = False
.Option("Save.ShowSaveDialog") = False
.Option("Save.path") = sPDFPath
End With

pdfjob.ApplyOptions (0)

'Delete the PDF if it already exists
If Dir(sPDFPath & sPDFName) = sPDFName Then Kill (sPDFPath & sPDFName)
'Print the document to PDF
ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="PDF-XChangeVirtual"

Thanks a lot

Peter
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hi,

Normally there is no need to forward questions on this forum to Tracker Support, because they are also following these topics.

Your code seems to be based on the PDF-XChange Drivers API:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-drivers-api

Do you remember ever having bought this product? In case you still have a license for it, it should be possible to reinstall it.

@Tracker Software Support:
Can you please confirm and/or add some more information?
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Willy and Peter

There is little that I can offer here as the SDK/API products are not my forte, but I do notice you posted this in the end user "Editor" forum, instead of the appropriate developer forum. That could be why this has gone so long without a reply, The devs focus their attentions on the SDK forums, and only periodically look over the end user side of the forums.

If you can confirm for me which exact SDK/API product you are making use of (as willy suspects, I also believe it is the Drivers API), I can move this topic into the correct forum, so that our Developers will take a look and get back to you with their expertise.

Like Willy mentioned, if you made a purchase for any product in the past, including the SDK products, you should be able to download a copy of it at any time from your account page, to reinstall when needed: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/login

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

Hi,

thanks a lot. We have purchased PDFXchange editor and also used the free version of PDFXstd6.exe (actually a Tracker software stamp appeared on each PDF generated this way - we are using not that often this, due to we remained with this free version).

If I try to install with the old PDFXstd6.exe file the system says there is already an other version installed.

But still our macros are not running, as the system is not able to recognize the syntax used in the macros

I will try to find the developer forum

THANKS

Peter
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello np audit tanácsadó kft.,

As far as I am aware - even V6 should not have allowed you to control the end user product via code or command line. Our end user products have always been aimed at being used directly with user interface, and for such silent processing of files we have required the use of our SDK products. I am not sure how your code worked before or with which specific version it did - but it is actually a bit surprising if it was indeed the end user products, so please do check whether it was the SDKs that you were utilizing in the past!

And yes - when used without the correct license - you will get "DEMO" stamps in the generated files. If you have our Editor installed - a copy of PDF XChange Lite printer should also have been installed. You should be able to use that (not through scripts but directly) to output to PDF without DEMO stamps.

Kind regards,
Stefan
np audit tanácsadó kft.
User

Hi,

thanks for your help. I have deleted all the actual PDF Xchange printer installations from the computer and found and old PDFXstd6.exe file and istalled the free version of it again and now everthing runs fine again.

Sorry am a I simple enduser, who is preforming a little programing and due to that probably sometimes the word and expression I used were not the goods one.

I think we use the correct linces always, but in this case we were happy wiht the free versio (official free version according to my understading) and that is why it is Ok that the mentioned stamp appears on the final products.

Thanks a lot for everones help

Greetings

Peter
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter,

If you are happy with that older version and the DEMO stamps - then I am happy too! And sorry that we could not get you to make the current latest version running with your setup!

Kind regards,
Stefan