Replace fonts - Add from selection do not working

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

Hi ... one more time! :oops:

Replace fonts - add from selection - do not enabled. Yea! I selected a part of the text and click on ´ "Replace fonts" to show which font I want to replace, but "Add from Selection" is not enabled. What happened? :cry: :(
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Replace fonts - Add from selection do not working

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello lindermman,

Can you please provide more details and preferably a screenshot of what you are doing? We've tried this here and everything is working correctly.
Basically you will have to use the Text Select tool (not the Edit Text tool) and everything will work for you correctly.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

I do it the same way I did in the .334 version, but now it doesn't work anymore. I Edited the text, selected and clicked on "replace fonts". There was usually already an option that I had used before. Then I erased and the option "add from selection" was available there.

However, following this same procedure, function "add from selection" is no longer available.

And it doesn't work by trying to change PDF fonts without editing the text and just using the Text Select tool.

The program opens an error message and closes: with the Text Select tool, the function "add from selection" is available, but the program can't (doesn't understand) that I want to edit the text of the file, not the comments. Then it opens an error message and closes.

There won't be much use in this tool by removing the option to change fonts from the file body and just changing the fonts of comments. :( :(
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello lindermman,

After further investigation, I can tell more. The thing is that in the 354 build, when editing text and then launching the dialog, the editing box persisted and one could launch the Replace Fonts dialog and use Add from selection.
Right now, when the dialog is being launched the Edit text tool automatically applies current text edit and removes the selection.
How I made it work correctly right now is use the Edit Text tool after you have finished the text editing. But not to Edit text inside of the text block, but to select the needed text block with it.

As for the error message - I did not manage to recreate this here. Can you please provide more detail on how one could recreate this one?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

Thanks for listening! :D :D :D
Really, this is exactly the problem: when you open a text edit, the selection is undone and it becomes impossible to create a new option using an "add from selection" tool. If possible, please fix this! I really need this option!
The error message was my mistake. There is no error message, really. At least I didn't reproduce it either, anymore. However, the system crashes and the program closes. This is real.
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

up!
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Lindermman.

If you want to use 'Add from selection' option in ReplaceFonts feature - please
1. Enable the simple SelectText tool
2. Select any portion of text with fonts that must be replaced
3. Launch ReplaceFonts dialog. The 'Add from selection' will be available for you as should.

And in next build we will fix problem you reported, for sure.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:35 am Hi Lindermman.

If you want to use 'Add from selection' option in ReplaceFonts feature - please
1. Enable the simple SelectText tool
2. Select any portion of text with fonts that must be replaced
3. Launch ReplaceFonts dialog. The 'Add from selection' will be available for you as should.

And in next build we will fix problem you reported, for sure.

Cheers.
Okaaaay, it woooorked! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: \o/
But it got a little weird. In the old way I thought it was better. :oops: :wink: :wink:
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

Sorry! I don't want to be boring. I understand this is a matter of custom and a way to give more functionality to the simple "SelectText" tool, but I think that, in the same way that the option "Copy text style" is not enabled with the selection through the simple "SelectText" tool , the "ReplaceFonts" option should follow the same path.
Another reason is the fact that if the text is highlighted in any way, the simple "SelectText" tool is not so functional. However, in the old form, it works better.

Sorry! Just my way of thinking and a mere suggestion. I don't want to create a mess. :oops: :wink:
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

I made an animated gif to help understand the situation.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al1YdZxdWgRdgcgtrrm10060Q6KZBw

Let me explain better the image that justifies this request:
Note that from the beginning I carry out the procedure as told by my friend Vasyl Yaremyn.
OK. It works.
However, if I try to repeat the procedure in a part of the text that already has some kind of highlighting, the procedure is already complicated. You can do it, yes, using the Shift key, but remembering that every time is sad. Especially when using this dozens of times over the same file.
So, realize that, even with any type of markup, if the tool's functionality was kept as it was until version .354, keeping the "Add from Selection" function available when editing the text, it would be better, easier and more consistent with the Copy Styles tool and apply them.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Lindermman.
You can do it, yes, using the Shift key, but remembering that every time is sad. Especially when using this dozens of times over the same file.
You are right. In the near future we will make the following behavior: if you have to select text 'covered' by highlight annotation - the simple mouse click on that region will just select the annotation(as it is currently). But after short interval the mouse cursor will be changed to the 'select text' appearance and you will be able to start text selecting. Also, the mouse-down-on-text-and-move over the highlighted text - it will start text selecting immediately, ignoring the existing highlight-annotation(s) completely.

According to the
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al1YdZxdWgRdgcgtrrm10060Q6KZBw
- seem there is a bug and we will fix it soon. Thanks for detailed info.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 pm In the near future we will make the following behavior: if you have to select text 'covered' by highlight annotation - the simple mouse click on that region will just select the annotation(as it is currently).
It seems good! But I still keep my suggestion from previous posts about the "replace fonts"-> "add from Selection" tool.

May the force be with you!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

However, another problem with disabling the "Replace Fonts" function --> "Add from Selection": there is no "Replace fonts" option in the right click menu.

Please re-enable the "Add from Selection" function as it was in version .354. Please!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, lindermman

From what I can see, this option is still working as before, simply use the "select text" tool to select some text on the page before you open the "replace fonts" dialog:
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi again,

On re-reading your post Lindermman, I realize you were specifically asking about the right-click menu. I have informed the Dev team about this and hopefully it should be restored in the next release.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 pm Hi, lindermman

From what I can see, this option is still working as before, simply use the "select text" tool to select some text on the page before you open the "replace fonts" dialog

Kind regards,
simply using the "select text" tool to select some text on the page before opening the "replace fonts" dialog is not consistent with the copy/apply styles policy. I say this as an ex programmer. So, it's not for nonsense that I ask you to return the tool to work as it was in the .354 version. It doesn't make sense how it got now.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, lindermman

The Dev team is now aware of the differences from previous handling, and is working on restoring it. I cannot promise when this will be back to normal, but it is in the works currently.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com