Undo on handwriting undoes way too much

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zarquan314
User

Undo on handwriting undoes way too much

Post by Zarquan314 »

Due to remote learning, students have been turning in digital homework. I have been using the annotate tool on PDF-XChange editor with a drawing tablet to mark the papers. However, sometimes I write the wrong thing. When that happens, I want to be able to undo it. Since I have been getting used to this tool, I write fast enough that the undo undoes a large chunk of the comment instead of the last stroke. I could use the eraser tool, but that takes more time than undo. This is a worse problem when I am writing math equations, where undo will undo the entire equation instead of the last thing I wrote.

I believe this is because the block of writing is considered one object/annotation.

Is there a way to make the undo command undo smaller chunks of annotation?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Undo on handwriting undoes way too much

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Zarquan314,

While you can't "disable" the grouping completely - you can significantly reduce the time delay which would result in two separate pencil input strokes to be grouped with a registry change:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=35838&p=148810&hil ... ay#p148833
After that your undoing operations should work on e.g. single pencil strokes if you set the timing to say 10 ms!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Zarquan314
User

Post by Zarquan314 »

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I do hope this can be put in a settings menu instead of in the registry.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Zarquan314,

I will bring this up as a suggestion for a future improvement, but for the time being the registry tweak has to be used!

Kind regards,
Stefan