Resizing in same manner as print  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bcarvalho
User

Resizing in same manner as print

Post by bcarvalho »

I'm looking for some help with resizing pages. Here is the scenario:

One pdf is produced in a different app which contains both legal and letter pages.
Some of those documents are actually forms that have been filled-in. When I use the resize option in Editor, the alignment of the form field entries is skewed. I have tried the different scaling options in the resize tool, but the issue remains. I have tried rasterizing, but quality suffers or the file size is too big.

The interesting thing is, if I print to pdf (with letter as the output size), it scales the page perfectly. The problem is this introduces additional steps - which isn't ideal.

So the question is, can I get Editor to resize the pages, using the same technique that is used when printing to PDF somehow?

Thanks for any help.
David.P
User

Re: Resizing in same manner as print

Post by David.P »

Hello forum and Tracker Support Team,

While bcarvalho's case is examined, another small issue could be fixed please.

Maybe this is even related to the problem bcarvalho is seeing.

image.png

When "Normalize Media Box to start from (0;0)" is active, then the "Keep content aspect ratio" option is not working. This means that the content aspect ratio gets distorted when resizing pages although the option to keep the aspect ratio is active.

Thanks for having a look into this!

Kind regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
PHK
User

Re: Resizing in same manner as print  SOLVED

Post by PHK »

@bcarvalho, have you tried flattening the page(s) when you first bring the document into PDF-Xchange and before you resize anything? This is assuming you won't be needing the form-filling aspects of the original document once you've got it in PDF-Xchange.
All best,

FringePhil
bcarvalho
User

Post by bcarvalho »

PHK, thank you very much! It hadn't occurred to me to check the comments menu. This works perfectly. Flatten then resize.

A bit of a follow-up - is there a way to create a button that will flatten and resize in one step? Some sort of macro in Editor. I know it can be done with tools, but I don't want to jump out of the app.
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

bcarvalho wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:28 pm PHK, thank you very much! It hadn't occurred to me to check the comments menu. This works perfectly. Flatten then resize.
My pleasure; I'm glad it provided a solution for you.
bcarvalho wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:28 pm A bit of a follow-up - is there a way to create a button that will flatten and resize in one step? Some sort of macro in Editor. I know it can be done with tools, but I don't want to jump out of the app.
I would support this request as it makes a lot of sense.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, PHK

Unfortunately there still is not a way to do this in a single action with the Editor. I am passing the suggestion by our dev team again for further consideration, but for now I cannot promise that it will be implemented.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Daniel,
David.P wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:44 pm When "Normalize Media Box to start from (0;0)" is active, then the "Keep content aspect ratio" option is not working. This means that the content aspect ratio gets distorted when resizing pages although the option to keep the aspect ratio is active.
I am interested in how the matter pointed out by David.P is currently being handled. The situation is still the same in build 366. A verification video is attached for reference. The first half of the video shows resizing with the "Normalize Media Box to start from (0;0)" option disabled, and the second half shows resizing with the option enabled.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rakunavi

I am afraid that this item was missed when it was reported last year... That is my fault, so I must apologize. I have just now created a new ticket for this item and forwarded it to the team for review.

RT#6334: Bug: Resize tool "normalize media box" incompatible with respect asp

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you, Daniel, for creating the ticket!

I did a search and found a problem I had just recently encountered, so I commented, and I'm glad it was helpful. This forum is a treasure trove of information, and I would like to thank Tracker staff and forum participants for their efforts. Thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

Many thanks for the kind words. Happy to hear that you find the forums and the information in them useful!
And we want to thank you for the detailed descriptions of issues you do - those certainly help us when investigating and correcting things!

Kind regards,
Stefan