Controlling the Size of the Background or Desktop

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

What have I done?? See the attached screenshot. The background (upon which the open document file is visible)(some people call it the desktop), is suddenly huge. an enormous multiple of the actual page size. You cannot see it in this screenshot but the page image in the middle of the background is a normal A4 page. You can see at the bottom, it is saying this is zoomed to 8.33%. It will actually zoom to 0.75% and then it will show just a minute rectangle in the middle of the screen. If I select "Actual Size" in View or some other sensible size, it will bring the page to that setting but I have to scroll around the acres of blank background to find the page image.

This seems to have occurred as a result of some fiddling around I was doing with image size but I cannot remember what it was that I did to create this situation. And, obviously, I don't know how to reverse it. It seems to be associated with this one file.

How do I rescale the background to a more normal size?
New Document Copy.pdf
(678.35 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Controlling the Size of the Background or Desktop

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PHK,

I am going to admit that this is confusing me, I an not sure what would result in what you describe. The screen shot just looks like you are zoomed out, but you go on to say:

If I select "Actual Size" in View or some other sensible size, it will bring the page to that setting but I have to scroll around the acres of blank background to find the page image.

and that is not at all what I expected. I would suggest you reset your Editor settings to default. It would be prudent if you were to export your current settings to file first, then reset. That way you can restore the settings if wanted. You can also send them to us for investigation.

File, then Manage Settings has tools to export, import and reset your settings. Can you let me know if resetting all settings helps?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi PHK.

Seems the RibbonLayout for pages you used - it works incorrectly in case when document has mix of normal and LARGE pages.. :(
We will try to fix this soon. At the moment, as workaround you may use StandardLayout for pages:

image.png

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Thank you, Vasyl! It seems the RibbonLayout was the culprit and StandardLayout seems to fix the problem.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com