[9.1.355] GOTO links with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit - X, Y ignored when link clicked

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zarkogajic
User

[9.1.355] GOTO links with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit - X, Y ignored when link clicked

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

I have a document of 3 pages. At the bottom of page 1, I've added a GOTO link to page 3. with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit.

Clicking the link goes to the top of page 3.

Expected: bottom of page 3 due to inherit Y.

image.png

The problem is also present in the 354 release (not sure how long does it go to the past releases).

p.s.
Will send the PDF to support email.

p.s.2
Ah - wrong Forum - will you move to EU Forum ... ?

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: [9.1.355] GOTO links with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit - X, Y ignored when link clicked

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello zarkogajic,

Done. Will investigate this one once we have the document available.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
zarkogajic
User

Re: [9.1.355] GOTO links with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit - X, Y ignored when link clicked

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

Reproduced?

-žarko
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zarkogajic,

Have you sent us the sample file?
If not - can you please send it now, and we will confirm with an e-mail reply when that sample has been passed on to Alex.

Kind regards,
Stefan
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I've sent the document on 14.7 and you replied you sent it to Alex...

p.s.
And I see in 9.1.356 it is still not working as expected.

-žarko
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zarkogajic,

Thanks for confirming! I am asking Alex for an update.

Kind regards,
Stefan
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

I've updated to 9.2.357.

The issue in this topic is (still) not fixed.

Any movements on fixing this?

-žarko
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Confirmed that this is not yet fixed.

It seems like the hyperlink itself is OK, because it works correctly when clicked, for example, in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
It goes to the same X, Y coordinates of the hyperlink on the other page.

So, it must be PDF-XChange Editor that is not correctly handling this kind of hyperlinks.

Regards.

Willy
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for confirming this guys.

I see the same and will touch base with the dev team and see what the deal is.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

zarkogajic wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:48 am I have a document of 3 pages. At the bottom of page 1, I've added a GOTO link to page 3. with X, Y, Zoom set to inherit.

Clicking the link goes to the top of page 3.

Expected: bottom of page 3 due to inherit Y.
Hello all,

this is probably not correct. Zoom and X/Y inheritance with an internal PDF hyperlink means that the current zoom and scroll position of the page is inherited, not the position on the page where the link is placed.

In this respect, I believe that PDF-XChange Editor's behavior is proper with respect to PDF specifications.

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Thanks David.

I see you are right in that the scroll position (of the page where you click the hyperlink) is inherited, rather than the position of the hyperlink. But, still in the newest version, PDF-XChange Editor is not respecting that scroll position, it always goes to the top of the destination page.

A work-around for now, when creating internal hyperlinks with PDF-XChange Editor, would be to include the X/Y coordinates.

Kind regards.

Willy
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi David,

"current zoom and scroll position of the page is inherited,"

But it is not. Zoom is, but position is not.

p.s.
Adobe Reader does it differently

-žarko
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

But you wrote that you expect that the link should take you to the bottom of the target page because the link on the source page is at the bottom. That's not the case however, you will only get to the bottom of the page if you had previously displayed the bottom of the source page. This could of course be the case at your end, but is not clear from your post.

--
PS: just tried it and as you say, it really doesn't work: even if you show the bottom of the source page, the link jumps to the top left of the target page for me instead of the bottom center of the target page (which is what Adobe Reader does).

Yes, @Tracker Team, something is not working correctly with those links.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi David,
David.P wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:27 pm ...This could of course be the case at your end, but is not clear from your post...
Yes, sorry, I see now I have not specified that in this topic.

Thank you for testing and confirming it is not working as expected :)

-žarko
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Bug squashed for 9.2.358.0

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com