Print Production & Prepress Functions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zelda
User

Print Production & Prepress Functions

Post by Zelda »

Dear Tracker Software-Team,

I'm looking for a replacement for Acrobat Pro and discovered your PDF XChange Editor Plus software.
The editor is rich of great functions, the price is pretty fair and it looks very promising to me, but I'm still missing some prepress features like checking separations and ink density, spot colors, simulating overprint and verifying PDF/X standards conformance.
Your competitor Qoppa do have some of this features in their PDF Studio Pro Software. Are there any plans to add this in the near future (1-2 years) in Editor as well or is it already there and I couldn't find it?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Zelda
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Print Production & Prepress Functions

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi Zelda,

Currently such print production functions are not supported in our products as they are quite specific and we do not have the expertise in house to address these features.

We don't know where things will be in a couple years time, but for now there are no plans to add these features in the near future.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com