PDF-XChange Editor not printing complete file

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mike915
User

PDF-XChange Editor not printing complete file

Post by mike915 »

I have a user that is trying to print PDF files that are over 100 pages in size but only a portion of the file prints out. Usually less then 100 pages. The file prints fine from Adobe Reader.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: PDF-XChange Editor not printing complete file

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

1) Does the complete file prints correctly when you print it in two or more separate parts?
With other words, are you sure there is no 'error' on one or more specific pages?

2) If printing works good when separated in two or more parts, then there could be a memory problem.
Are you sure that the check-box for "Print as Image" is turned off in the Print dialog-box?

Kind regards and keep us posted.

Willy.
mike915
User

Post by mike915 »

1. The file prints fine if the user prints it from Adobe Reader it just doesn't print the end of the file when printed from PDF-XChange Editor so I don't think there is an issue with the file. The user reports it happens with any large file.

2. I will look and see if the Print as Image is checked or not.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mike915,

I do apologise - but my post will also be mostly questions, as the answers to those will help us narrow down the cause of the problem!

Are you using build 355 (the current latest) on the affected machine?
And are all the pages displayed correctly on screen or is there a display issue as well as a printing one?

Are the files "interactive" - e.g. would some actions in say some fields on a previous page affect/generate extra pages at the end of the file?

Are you able to provide a sample? If the file is confidential - you can e-mail it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic, or if too big to e-mail - we can provide you with our FTP details to upload it directly to us?

What is the make and model of the printer and does it have the latest drivers for it installed?

Kind regards,
Stefan