Highlight Style

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

claytoncarney
User

Highlight Style

Post by claytoncarney »

New user; switching from Foxit. I find that the Highlight Text Tool is using rounded, rather that square corners. This is not the case in Foxit. In fact, when I view a PDF highlighted in Foxit, PDF-XChange displays square corners. However, when I add additional highlights, they appear with rounded corners.

I looked, but have not found a way change the style in PDF-XChange to square corners. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Highlight Style

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, claytoncarney

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the style of highlights edges/endings within the Editor, we currently only offer this tool as you see it now. If you do need a perfectly square option right now, you could setup a custom rectangle tool for custom highlighting, as detailed here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... tly-images

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
claytoncarney
User

Post by claytoncarney »

Thank you Daniel. I had already seen that article and used it simulate the Area Highlight feature in Foxit. It's not really an optimal solution for highlight text spanning multiple lines though. The rounded corners are, to me, an odd choice (not seen in any other app before).

Perhaps square corners could be added to your new feature requests...
Joxon
User

Post by Joxon »

As a proofreader I often have to highlight text. The problem is that the character right after the highlighted word (e.g. a dot or a bracket) is highlighted too. In the example below I highlighted only 1959, but as you can see the comma is highlighted too.

I figured out a relatively easy and elegant way to adjust it:

1. Rightclick the hightlighted word/text
2. Select Arrange => Transform...
3. Uncheck the ‘chain’ icon next to Width/Height
4. Adjust the Width (in my case: 9,1 mm to 7,2 mm)

This is the result:

Not bad, but like many others I prefer square corners. In Foxit it looks like this:

Hmm, ugly bottom! If you select the word 1959 in PDF-XChange, or if you search for 1959 it looks perfect:

The Highlight Text Tool should work like this. Really!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, everyone

Though I cannot make any promises, I will speak with the Dev team on this further for consideration in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com