PDF-XChange Editor Hangs During Long Duration

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Aristotle74
User

PDF-XChange Editor Hangs During Long Duration

Post by Aristotle74 »

I am running ver 9.0 build 354.0 and when I keep the program open for 30-60 minutes while editing and doing other tasks and then go back to the open PDF file, I cannot save or close the program. Windows 10 Task Manager reports the program is "not responding" so I terminate. This has happened consistently for a month but then I haven't been doing long slow edits of documents as much. OS Win 10 with significant hardware capabilities so I suspect a fixed wait state of some sort in PDFXchange Editor since all other software is running fine opening, closing, saving, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Hangs During Long Duration

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Aristotle74

Thank you for the report, Before we begin, is it possible that the open or save dialogs are simply open in the background behind the application waiting for input when this happens? Please next time that you see this issue, try to Alt+tab a few times and perhaps you will locate an open or save Dialog window that is causing the application to wait.

Following that, before you force close the application next, please follow the steps here to record a "process dump" for us while the software is frozen, and send that file to us for investigation. https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... cess-dump1

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com