BUG Signing Documents with a graphics tablet attached

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dasy2k1
User

BUG Signing Documents with a graphics tablet attached

Post by dasy2k1 »

A number of users at my workplace have noticed a bug where when you go to add a digital signature to a document (using a private key stored on a smartcard) PDF Xchange crashes on the smartcard pin entry screen

this seems to only happen if the user has a graphics tablet of some form attached, we have replicated this with both Wacom and Huion Tablets
Unplugging the graphics tablet seems to fix this as does enabling rulers in the PDF xchange window for some reason.

This is using Version 9.0 build 354.0
The bug was not present in version 8.0
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: BUG Signing Documents with a graphics tablet attached

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, dasy2k1

Thank you for the report, this is a known bug and one which we are working on developing a fix for in the next release. For the time being, most users find that enabling "rulers" (from the view tab) allows them to sign once successfully, then an application restart is needed to sign another docuemnt. I know this is not a good solution, but it is the best workaround i can offer at the moment.

Hopefully the next release (355.0) will be available in just a few short weeks.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com