feature request - bookmark numbering improvements

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jmiller99
User

feature request - bookmark numbering improvements

Post by jmiller99 »

Currently PDF-XChange allows adding text to bookmark titles including using "SeqNum" as a regular expression. I find this very handy when I need to bookmark a number of exhibits (for example), using: " - exh %[SeqNum]"

but sometimes I would like to use letter numbering (A, B, C) and sometimes for some reason I would want my numbering to start from a number greater than one.

would it be possible to either add arguments to the "SeqNum" expression (/# = numbers, /a = letters, /s12 = start sequence at #12), or maybe add a "SeqChars" expression?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: feature request - bookmark numbering improvements

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, jmiller99

Thank you for the request and for your patience here, It seems your post was missed a few months ago.
I have just reviewed this suggestion and created a formal feature request for you, though I cannot promise implementation, I can assure you that the Dev team will duly consider it when the time comes.

RT#5776: Enhance "Add text [to bookmark]" tool macro functions

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com