Feature Request: Print or Copy Bookmark Text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Bookmarks are great! Not only does it help in organizing and access document file contents, it can be a basis for extracting and summarizing content from the document. For instance, my medical insuror sends me statements reporting activity in my account. Each of these statements is multiple pages that combine boilerplate and account-specific data. Over the course of a year, it can be many pages. If I want to isolate one sort of specific data point, I select it and create a new bookmark, repeating whenever I come across comparable data. If I want to have a consolidated view of, say, all the payments the insurance company made to me or providers, I can organize these data bookmarks however I like. See attachment.
Data Bookmarks.pdf
(38.77 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
To elevate this information to a new level of usefulness, it would be nice to be able to extract the text of these bookmarks for use in word processing or spreadsheet software. This could be either as text or print. If I can print it, I can convert it. I have not been able to find this functionality currently in the product; if it is there, please help me find it.

Watcha think? Thank you in advance for consideration of this enhancement.
All best,

FringePhil
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Print or Copy Bookmark Text

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello PHK,

There are already a few ways to convert your bookmarks to text. The easiest way is to just export them to a .TXT file using Export to Text file tool located in the bookmarks tab.

You can read more about this tool here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... le_ed.html

The alternative way is to create a table of contents from your bookmarks using the Build Table of Content tool and then export this page to MS Word or a text document.

Regards,
Radi
PHK
User

Re: Feature Request: Print or Copy Bookmark Text

Post by PHK »

Thank you, Radi! I did not know that feature existed. I had searched for it but could not find it. There was no icon for it under my "Bookmarks" tab; there is now.

It hadn't occurred to me that I could use the ToC option, either. The above option works better for me although I can see that this might be a useful alternative.

I hereby withdraw my Feature Request in view of its redundancy.
All best,

FringePhil
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)