SignatureSign Javascript

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JC_LA
User

SignatureSign Javascript

Post by JC_LA »

Hi,

I have just started evaluating PDF Xchange for my needs and have hit one issue.

I have a javascript I use for approving documents that I developed and have been using it for a few years with acrobat products.

Its fairly straight forward but does not work with PDF Xchange. The first issue is the security object does not seem to exist.

I attach (a much simplified) section of the code here:

Code: Select all

var pageRec = this.getPageBox({nPage: 0});	// Page dimensions
var field = this.addField({cName:'Signature', cFieldType:'signature', nPageNum:0, oCoords:[0,0,0,0]});	// Creates Signature Field
var sig = {appearance:'Approved',reason:'Approved for Manufacture',mdp:'allowNone'};
var sec = security.getHandler('Adobe.PPKLite', false);
    field.rect=[320,75,375,60];
    field.signatureSign({oSig: sec, oInfo: sig, bUI: false});
I also have icons, buittons etc and all this works fine, the signature field is added and then it bombs out at security.getHandler.

Is this method not available in PDF Xchange, is there a different syntax or is this opened up with the purchase version (am using a trial to determine if this will work for me).

John.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: SignatureSign Javascript

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, JC_LA

Sorry for the delay, Unfortunately your suspicion is correct and the "security" object is not supported within PDF-Xchange, you will not be able to use JS for signing purposes within our software at the moment, thought it may come in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com